We love visitors!

Thanks so much for visiting! Please leave a comment so we know you've been, 
let us know what you're thinking or just leave us a message.


Thursday, September 06, 2007

Hand, foot and mouth disease sucks!

Well when Caelan got home last night, after having fun at Grandma and Grandad's, I was pretty concerned about the state of his rash. It had turned from tiny red raised dots to bigger angry looking blisters. I instantly thought it must be chicken pox - even though I hadn't seen a case of chicken pox recently (if ever actually!) but knew that the first red dots then turned into fluid filled blister like things. So first thing this morning called the Doctor cause that was a pretty drastic change in the rash, though I was pretty sure I knew what it was, but best have it confirmed by a real doctor HEHE. But I was wrong he has a pretty severe case of hand, foot and mouth disease (which apparently is often confused with chicken pox), the worst the doctor has seen and the horrid part is, there's nothing you can do about it. So wait and let it run it's course and hope we don't go crazy in the meantime - it's highly contagious so we can't go anywhere or visit anyone. Stinko. Might call Playgroup to let them know cause I'm pretty certain he must have caught it off someone there last week, he hasn't been around any other kids, so it must be from there. They might wanna tell others, or not, I dunno what's the story with this kind of thing, but I'll tell them anyway just to be safe. So he's got a cold, ear infection and hand, foot and mouth disease - poor kid.

No comments: