We love visitors!

Thanks so much for visiting! Please leave a comment so we know you've been, 
let us know what you're thinking or just leave us a message.


Thursday, November 13, 2008

Fuckin' reflux may be the death of me yet

Argh!!!! We've just gone downhill after a pretty good patch and I swear I might die. Second time round sucks big time, everyone kept saying it would be easier as we'd been through it before. But really it's harder, with a demanding 2 year old to look after, no chance of rest, constant wake-ups throughout the night and no breaks. Combine that with the screaming of a 6 month old with reflux that's just gone belly up again and you have one very, very stressed out Mama struggling to cope.

So now it seems there was no supply problem at all, it was just the start of reflux rearing it's ugly arsehole of a head again. She's outgrown her current dose and we need to up it, until then things are gonna be fun, fun, fun. haha NOT! Though my Plunket nurse must have felt my desperate vibes because she called to see how things were, didn't go into detail just told her that we'd hit a bad patch again and things were pretty hard. She is great and remembered things we'd discussed in the past and said "That must be really hard not having family around and not getting the regular breaks you need when you have a baby with reflux, they're really difficult and it's vital", I nearly cried. She said she'd call some family support company to get them to contact me and see what they can help with. They called a wee while ago and will contact me next week to discuss what I'd need and how they can help, even if they just come over to help with housework and watch kids so I can sleep. Yay! Cause bloody hell I'm exhausted! I've had the same damned sore throat for over a month now, I have constant headaches and after the cold that I had and getting mastitis 3 or so weeks ago I just don't want it again. I know it's all because I'm rundown, stressed and tired but mastitis is horrible and evil and I thought I was gonna die having it and looking after these two! I sooooo don't want it again please. And this life I live is a welcoming invitation for it. Ek.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey there, i got to your blog from babies with style on facebook. You have 2 beautiful children and i love your photos.
Yep reflux and colic is hard eh. You are so right, my 2nd time around was alot harder, I couldnt cope with the screaming with my
2nd like i did with my 1st. I have alot less patience now i reakon. She is now 11 months old, colic/reflux gone but now doesnt sleep through the night as shes been hickeyed too much, just give her a tit to keep her quiet,lol!!! I have just started a night routine with her so i can start sleeping for longer than 2 hours a night. It never ends.
Anyway good luck and i'll c-ya on facebook
Gillian