We love visitors!

Thanks so much for visiting! Please leave a comment so we know you've been, 
let us know what you're thinking or just leave us a message.


Friday, May 19, 2006

He's a little boy! 25 April 2006



Well Caelan is starting to look more and more like a little boy now and not a new born baby. He's just gorgeous! He has a GREAT set of lungs on him and can certainly use them when he wants! He's now two weeks and four days old and we've just given him his middle name - he is Caelan Kahurangi Clark. Kahurangi means precious which is very fitting. We had asked my Grandma to name him a maori name from my family but she got back to me and said that we can't really do that as all the men in our family were chiefs and the names have to continue being first names - they can't have something infront of them. That makes sense. It's a bit of a bummer but that's how it has to be and I totally understand. So does Chris, though he was disappointed as he wanted it to have come from the family. Sooooo Kahurangi it is and that's lovely and feels nice knowing that we've named him that and it means a lot to us. He's starting to smile more which is the cutest thing I've ever seen - it makes me smile just thinking about it. This parenthood thing is pretty amazing, I thought I'd feel different - but I don't, I feel like me. A me who now breastfeeds a baby and loves him so much it hurts to hear him cry. But I haven't changed. Neither has Chris. We've just grown. We're growing together too which is wonderful. It's been great and we're doing really well. Chris is a wonderful Daddy (I knew he would be though), it's so lovely to watch him with Caelan. He's so supportive of me and really thinks of me and tries to make everything easier. He's just the best! The Clark's are a happy family. We're really looking forward to the next one now - a little girl. But lets just get used to this one first aye?

No comments: